|Four Post AP Projects|
|Project A - Resume - Everyone must create a usable resume. For examples, see my online resume. (You will be looking for jobs soon.) Due May 15.|
|Project B - Annotated Bibliography Due May 22 -|
|Write an annotated bibliography regarding a topic in your
declared college major. If you are undeclared, then your bibliography
should include various the fields you are interested in.
1. Use the style manual that your intended major uses. For example, psychology and education majors both use APA. Sociology uses the ASA (American Sociology Association) Style Manual. Sciences use CSE. etc.
2. You need to have 10 sources. Please include at least 5 journals in your field. At least 3 sources must be dated the current year.
3. Your annotation should describe and evaluate the source in 4-5 sentences.
Berkeley College (good video)
Purdue Owl's Annotated Bibliography
UC Santa Cruz
Long Beach State
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
University of Wisconsin
University of Washington
Oregon State University
Arizona State University
University of Colorado
University of Toronto
At the top of your webpage please provide:
Format: (link to webpage where you found format info)
|Project C - choose one of the following: (if you wish, you may do more than one for fun). Due May 29 (Do it before if it bothers you.)- The idea for this project if to look forward to life after high school. Publish on your web site. Choose ONE of the following.|
1. Showcase - create a presentation that depicts your intended major at your school. How many courses for the major? What are these courses? What makes these classes appealing to you? Which classes require research? (Not only find the list courses, but look at professors' syllabi and investigate the requirements.)
2. Literature Review - Write a synthesis essay using 3-5 articles from your annotated bibliography. Discuss an issue in your chosen the field of study. - See video on Lit Reviews
3. For those of you in Calculus, write up your Roller Coaster project using CSE or IEEE format. Explain the math, physics, and/or engineering principles behind the project. You must have at least 5 sources (1 textbook, 2 journals, 2 others). See project instructions. (Can be done with your math group.)
4. For those of you in AP Statistics, you may write the Lit Review for
the Student Survey in APA Format.
|Project D - Graduation Speech Due June 1|
We have all heard graduation speeches. We have listen to some famous speakers. Write a farewell speech to your classmates. Limit 500-700 words.
|All projects are to be posted on your website by the due date. Doing a good job on all four projects will boost your grade one level. Not doing any one of these projects will reduce your grade one level. Late projects will disqualify the boost. Senior Ditch Day(s) will also disqualify any boost.|