CASE STUDY Guidelines
Your case study may involve an
educational innovation, a high-tech school, a school struggling with technology,
or an educational technology person. You may choose whatever you wish to study.
Please check with me if your choice is not one of these mentioned. Do necessary
research and use proper APA format.
- A case study method allows you to analyze educational technologies in
order to develop your ability to look at technological innovations in a
pedagogical and systematic way. A systematic, pedagogical approach will
prepare you to better face the opportunities and challenges of educational
- The best case study analyses are methodical, reasoned, creative, and based
on organizational theory and research. The analysis occurs in three stages:
(1) problem identification, (2) analysis, and (3) recommendations. This method
is usually broken down into six steps:
- Clearly identify the fundamental technologies, problems, issues, or
- Relate all the relevant facts in a story-like fashion. (Tell the story.)
- List alternative solutions based on your insights and knowledge of
- List the advantages and disadvantages of each innovation to the
organization and to the individuals involved.
- Review all the above and decide which alternative or set of alternatives
- Make recommendations.