Week 5 – Theme: Ethics
Homework Due: Present PowerPoint to class. Have appropriate sound effects, transitions, and voice (video if you wish). (10 pts)
Lab Work: Create a personal web site. Have at least 3 internal linked pages and links to 3 external links. Please use photos, graphics and some animation.
Wiggins, G. & McTighe, J: Chapters 6 & 7
|Some may argue that a specialized field such as
computer ethics is not necessary provided that everyone behaved ethically in
the first place. This is probably true. Ethical behavior is ethical
behavior, and this should not be different in the virtual world.. However,
the world of computers has revealed special applications of ethics which
should be considered by all users.
|The Ten Commandments: from the Computer Ethics Institute of the Brookings Institute||Netiquette by Sally Hambridge, Intel Corp||Teaching Cyber Ethics by Education World|
|Netiquette by Albion.com||Netiquette by LearnTheNet.com|
Lesson: Making your webpages...
1. Create a new folder - name of the folder is your last name - use no spaces
and no upper case letters.
2. Open a new page in Microsoft Frontpage.
3. Save your first page and title it "index" - use no spaces, no upper case and no quotation marks.
4. You will create at least 2 more pages, name them using no spaces and no upper case letters.
5. All pictures, graphs, art, etc. must first be saved into your folder before you insert it into your web pages.
5. Choose a template design if you wish.
6. Insert a table into one of your pages.
7. Link all your pages together - use a common navigation scheme.
8. Create links to external pages.
IMPORTANT: everything you want on the web MUST be in your folder.
Create a cohort web page which will house your work for every class you take. Please introduce yourself, what you teach, make links to all your future classes.
For additional tutorials, please see Florida Gulf Coast University tutorial for Frontpage
see also Digital Education Network's tutorial